PEMA Seeking Applicants for Grant Program

HARRISBURG – The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) has recently announced the opening of an application period for a significant grant program, according to Senator John R. Gordner (R-27).

The grants will be offered as part of the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.  A total of $70 million will be available, with 75% of that coming from federal sources and the other 25% coming from the state.

Funds can be used to assist activities or projects that reduce or mitigate future disaster losses, including flood damage.  Eligible applicants include local municipalities, counties, state agencies and non-profit organizations.

Applications will be accepted from October 18, 2021 until January 7, 2022 for Phase 1.  If funds are still available after that, a second round of applications will be open from January 10, 2022 until February 28, 2022.  Applications, guidance and more information about the grant program is available on the PEMA’s website at www.pema.pa.gov under the Grants tab.

CONTACT: Mike Stephens  mstephens@pasen.gov